Top Internet Providers in Los Angeles
Finding the Best Deals for You.
This should only take a sec.
Overview of Los Angeles Providers
Los Angeles is a giant city, and depending on where you live or move to, you likely have at least two or more internet providers to choose from. Some providers in the densest parts of the city offer speeds of up to 1000 Mbps, namely AT&T, Spectrum, and Sonic. Though, just this last year, Verizon announced 5G home internet in select areas of Los Angeles.
Use HighSpeedOptions to explore and compare internet options near you to find the best LA provider and plan for your home.
Internet Statistics for Los Angeles, California
Known as the Golden State gem, Los Angeles shines bright for many reasons. The culture, climate, and connections it offers are enticing enough for anyone. Today, Los Angeles offer broadband internet speeds to over 99% of its 4 million residents.
There are currently 10 total Los Angeles internet providers, with the largest providers by coverage being AT&T, Spectrum, and Starry. Still, it’s best to enter your zip code to explore options available near you since those tend to fluctuate based on your location.
Compare Internet Service Providers in Los Angeles
|Provider||Starting Price||Max Download Speed||Max Upload Speed|
|Astound Broadband Powered by Wave||$70.00/mo.*||100 Mbps – 940 Mbps||5 Mbps – 10 Mbps|
|Xfinity||$19.99/mo. – $299.95/mo.||1,200Mbps – 3Gbps||3Gbps – 35Mbps|
|Viasat||$49.99/mo. – $149.99/mo.||12 Mbps – 100 Mbps||3 Mbps|
|Verizon||$39.99/mo. – $89.99/mo.||500Mbps – 940 Mbps||500 Mbps – 880 Mbps|
|Spectrum||$49.99/mo. – $89.99/mo.||200 Mbps – 1000 Mbps||35 Mbps|
|HughesNet||$44.99/mo.||25 Mbps||3 Mbps|
|AT&T||$55/mo. – $80/mo.||300 Mbps – 940 Mbps||300 Mbps – 940 Mbps|
|EarthLink||$49.95/mo. – $59.95/mo.||5Gbps – 100Mbps||5Gbps – 40Mbps|
|Frontier||Less than $49.99/mo. – $149.99/mo. w/Auto Pay & Paperless Bill||2000 Mbps – Call for details||2000 Mbps – Call for details|
|Provider||Astound Broadband Powered by Wave|
|Max Download Speed||100 Mbps – 940 Mbps|
|Max Upload Speed||5 Mbps – 10 Mbps|
|Starting Price||$19.99/mo. – $299.95/mo.|
|Max Download Speed||1,200Mbps – 3Gbps|
|Max Upload Speed||3Gbps – 35Mbps|
|Starting Price||$49.99/mo. – $149.99/mo.|
|Max Download Speed||12 Mbps – 100 Mbps|
|Max Upload Speed||3 Mbps|
|Starting Price||$39.99/mo. – $89.99/mo.|
|Max Download Speed||500Mbps – 940 Mbps|
|Max Upload Speed||500 Mbps – 880 Mbps|
|Starting Price||$49.99/mo. – $89.99/mo.|
|Max Download Speed||200 Mbps – 1000 Mbps|
|Max Upload Speed||35 Mbps|
|Max Download Speed||25 Mbps|
|Max Upload Speed||3 Mbps|
|Starting Price||$55/mo. – $80/mo.|
|Max Download Speed||300 Mbps – 940 Mbps|
|Max Upload Speed||300 Mbps – 940 Mbps|
|Starting Price||$49.95/mo. – $59.95/mo.|
|Max Download Speed||5Gbps – 100Mbps|
|Max Upload Speed||5Gbps – 40Mbps|
|Starting Price||Less than $49.99/mo. – $149.99/mo. w/Auto Pay & Paperless Bill|
|Max Download Speed||2000 Mbps – Call for details|
|Max Upload Speed||2000 Mbps – Call for details|
Pricing, speeds, offers, and availability vary by service address and are subject to change at any time. Additional fees, taxes, and terms may apply. As of 02/14/22.
Types of Internet Available in Los Angeles
Los Angeles, California offers a wide variety of connection types including 5G, fiber, cable, DSL, satellite, and fixed wireless. Cable internet is the primary type of internet in Los Angeles, with over 99% coverage.
- Fiber: Fiber internet offers users symmetrical speeds at affordable prices. While a few providers deliver up to 10 Gbps, most fiber plans come with speeds up to 1000 Mbps.
- Cable: A better alternative to DSL, cable internet delivers service over existing TV lines. This provides wide availability and potential download speeds up to 1000 Mbps.
- DSL: DSL internet runs on existing telephone lines. It’s more available than cable or fiber internet and can deliver download speeds up to 150 Mbps in select areas.
- Satellite: Satellite internet is available virtually anywhere in the US, with speeds ranging from 25 to 150 Mbps. This makes it a great option for those living in more remote areas.
- Fixed-Wireless: Fixed-wireless internet delivers service using radio towers. It typically offers lower latency than satellite internet but often comes with a data cap.
- 5G: 5G networks run on three different bands with speeds up to 100 Mbps, 1000 Mbps, or 10 Gbps. This allows for faster speeds, lower latency, and increased connectivity.
Please keep in mind that while the types of internet listed above do exist in Los Angeles, availability depends entirely on your location. There may be far more or far less coverage depending on the district – or even the street – where you live.
Los Angeles Internet FAQs:
The best internet provider in Los Angeles can vary depending on your internet usage and where you’re located. Enter your zip code here to view options near you.
To date, there are 10 Los Angeles internet providers.