Top Internet Providers in Phoenix
Finding the Best Deals for You.
This should only take a sec.
Overview of ISPs in Phoenix
If you’re in search of a new internet provider in Phoenix, your options are greater than you might think. While much of Arizona is an empty desert, Phoenix continues to be one of the fastest-growing cities in the country. Depending on where you live, you likely have at least three or more internet providers in Phoenix near you.
To date, there are over 1.6 million people that call Phoenix, AZ home. With activities to do year-round for both its residents and tourists, Phoenix has much to offer. HughesNet is the biggest satellite provider in the area based on coverage, while Cox is another reliable internet provider in Phoenix.
Internet Statistics for Phoenix, Arizona
Hitting record temperatures most of the year, Phoenix residents spend a lot of time indoors to escape the heat. It’s home to over 1.6 million people and is seeing more internet options pop up each year. The best internet in Phoenix will ultimately come down to your speed needs and availability.
Today, Phoenix ranks #1 as the most internet-connected city in Arizona, and 100% of the residents have access to broadband speeds up to 25 Mbps or faster. Connection types vary by location, but, CenturyLink internet is widely available and a great option for residents looking for faster Phoenix WiFi.
Compare Internet Service Providers in Phoenix
|Provider||Starting Price||Download Speed|
|CenturyLink||$50/mo. – $70/mo.||20 Mbps – 940 Mbps||Check Availability|
|HughesNet||$44.99/mo.||25 Mbps||Check Availability|
|Viasat||$64.99/mo. – $169.99/mo.||25 Mbps – 150 Mbps||Check Availability|
|Cox||$49.99/mo.||1000 Mbps||Check Availability|
|Starting Price||$50/mo. – $70/mo.|
|Download Speed||20 Mbps – 940 Mbps|
|Download Speed||25 Mbps|
|Starting Price||$64.99/mo. – $169.99/mo.|
|Download Speed||25 Mbps – 150 Mbps|
|Download Speed||1000 Mbps|
Pricing, speeds, offers, and availability vary by service address and are subject to change at any time. Additional fees, taxes, and terms may apply. As of October/2022.
Types of Internet Available in Phoenix
A wide variety of internet connections are available in Phoenix, Arizona, including fiber, cable, DSL, satellite, and fixed wireless. Cable internet is the primary type of internet in Tucson, with over 95% coverage. Other connection types, like fiber internet and 5G internet, are not as available.
- Fiber: Fiber internet offers users symmetrical speeds at affordable prices. While a few providers deliver up to 10 Gbps, most fiber plans come with speeds up to 1000 Mbps.
- Cable: A better alternative to DSL, cable internet delivers service over existing TV lines. This provides wide availability and potential download speeds up to 1000 Mbps.
- DSL: DSL internet runs on existing telephone lines. It’s more available than cable or fiber internet and can deliver download speeds up to 150 Mbps in select areas.
- Satellite: Satellite internet is available virtually anywhere in the US, with speeds ranging from 25 to 150 Mbps. This makes it a great option for those living in more remote areas.
- Fixed-Wireless: Fixed-wireless internet delivers service using radio towers. It typically offers lower latency than satellite internet but often comes with a data cap.
Please keep in mind that while the types of internet listed above do exist in Phoenix, availability depends entirely on your location. There may be far more or far less coverage depending on the district – or even the street – where you live.
Phoenix Internet FAQs:
The best internet provider in Phoenix by coverage is CenturyLink internet, but availability depends entirely on where you live.
To date, there are 6 Phoenix internet providers.Enter your zip code here to find the best plan near you.