Remote Learning During Covid-19
The impact of COVID-19 has changed in-person education in many ways, making access to internet connections and remote learning tools more important than ever. About 19.7 million students are projected to attend colleges and universities in fall 2020, and more than 1,100 colleges and universities in all 50 states have cancelled in-person classes or shifted to online-only instruction.
HighSpeedOptions Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
By submitting an entry for this Contest, contestants agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
- Eligibility- HighSpeedOptions Contest (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of High Speed Options and other companies associated with the promotion of the Contest, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Contest is subject federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Sponsor- The Contest is sponsored by HighSpeedOptions, located at 6104 Old Fredericksburg Rd #90792 in Austin, Texas, 78709.
- Agreement to Official Rules- Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon being compliant with these Official Rules and fulfilling all other requirements set forth herein.
- Contest Period- The Contest begins on December 1, 2020 at 12:01am Mountain Standard Time and ends on February 28th, 2021 at 11:59pm Mountain Standard Time (the “Contest Period”). Entries that are submitted before or after the Contest Period will be disqualified.
- How to Enter- To enter, visit the website www.highspeedoptions.com (the “Website”), complete the registration process on the Contest site with the information requested and follow the instructions to upload and submit your essay (the “Submission”) directly to the Website. The topic for the Contest is how internet tools have helped in your remote learning experience this year.Each Submission entered into the Contest must meet the following “Submission Requirements” (any essay that, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, violates the following criteria will be disqualified):
- Essay must be 250 words minimum
- Essay must be submitted through the form on highspeedoptions.com/resources/remote-student-scholarship
Limit one (1) entry per person, per email address, and per household for the duration of the Contest Period, regardless of method of entry. Entries received from any person, e-mail address, or household in excess of the stated limitation will be void. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Prize- The Sponsor will select the winning essay and award the Entrant who submitted that essay $500 Visa gift card. Winner Notification- The Sponsor will notify the potential winner of their prize via email within seven (7) days of the end of the contest period. If the potential winner cannot be contacted within five (5) days after the date of the first attempt to contact him/her/they, or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize, and the Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her/their place from the remaining non-winning, eligible entries. Winner Selection and Judging Criteria- All Submissions will be judged by a panel of 3 employee judges (the “Contest Judges” or “Judges”) selected by the Sponsor at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute or modify the judging panel, or extend or modify the Judging Period, at any time for any reason. All Contest Judges shall be required to remain fair and impartial. Any Contest Judge may recuse him or herself from judging a Submission if the Contest Judge or the Sponsor considers it inappropriate, for any reason, for the Contest Judge to evaluate a specific Submission or group of Submissions. A Contestant’s likelihood of winning will depend on the number and quality of all of the Submissions, as determined by the Contest Judges using the following criteria:
Grant of Rights- Each entrant into the Contest grants to Sponsor, and its respective designees, a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, sub-licensable right to make use of the Submission and any person’s or other entity’s property (physical and personal and indicia) contained therein, in any media now or hereafter known, without any payment or other consideration of any kind, or permission or notification, to you or any third party. Sponsor reserves all rights, on a non-exclusive basis, including without limitation, the right to reproduce, alter, amend, edit, publish, and use the Submission in connection with any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world, in any and all media, now or hereafter known, in perpetuity, for no additional consideration. Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor shall have the right, but not the obligation, to use the Submission in any merchandising, advertising, marketing, promotion or for any other commercial or non-commercial purpose, including, without limitation, the promotion and/or marketing of Sponsor. Individual Entrants forever waive and relinquish all so-called “moral rights” (droit moral) now or hereafter recognized warrant that they have secured waivers of such rights from their Submission’s authors.Publicity Release- By participating in the Contest, in addition to any other grants which may have been given pursuant to any other agreement entered into between Sponsor and any entrant in or winner of the Contest, each entrant irrevocably grants the Sponsor and its designees and their respective successors, assigns and licensees, the right to use such entrant’s name, likeness, biographical information and Submission in any and all media for any purpose, including without limitation, advertising and promotional purposes as well as in, on or in connection with the Website or the Contest or other promotions, and hereby release the Promotion Entities from any liability with respect thereto. No Obligation to Use- Sponsor shall have no obligation (express or implied) to use any Submission, or to otherwise exploit any Submission or, if commenced, to continue the distribution or exploitation thereof, and Sponsor may at any time abandon the use of the any Submission for any reason, with or without legal justification or excuse, and contestants shall not be entitled to any damages or other relief by reason thereof.General Conditions- In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, bug, worm, unauthorized human intervention or other technical problem, or in the event the Contest is unable to run as planned for any other reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules or (b) terminate the Contest and, in the event of termination, award the prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to damage the website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages (including attorney's fees) and any other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Disputes- Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Colorado. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrants rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Colorado, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Colorado.
- Meets minimum 250 word count
- Details for how internet tools have had an impact on contestant’s remote learning with thorough examples and creativity in the writing sample