Sonic Internet Plans & Pricing
Between your unique communication needs and availability, finding an internet provider that checks off all the boxes for you can be a challenge. Luckily, you can typically expect to see anywhere from 3-5 providers to choose from depending on your location.
If you live in California, Sonic may be the best provider for you and your family. Operating on a 100% fiber-optic network, Sonic offers plans starting at just $29.99/mo. You can choose from speeds up to 1 Gbps and enjoy added perks other providers can’t offer, like same-day installation.
We break down what sets Sonic internet apart from other providers to help you pick the right plan for your home.
- Sonic Internet Overview
- Sonic Internet Plans & Pricing
- Sonic Internet Perks
- Sonic Compared to Other Providers
- Sonic Best For
Based in California, Sonic prides itself on providing high-speed internet at affordable prices. Sonic offers fiber internet to select regions of California including the San Francisco Bay Area, Sacramento, Los Angeles, and their surrounding suburbs, and it’s known for affordability and blazing-fast speeds. Below we selected our favorite features and things to note when considering Sonic.
Our Favorite Features:
- Unlimited Data – Say goodbye to throttling speeds or temporary disconnects. Sonic offers unlimited data on all internet plans to ensure customers are getting the most our of their subscriptions.
- Affordable Prices – On a mission to make high-speed internet accessible to all, Sonic offers competitive prices that are affordable in comparison to some providers in the same coverage area.
Things to Note:
- Contracts – Like many providers, Sonic requires new customers to sign 12-month service agreements. The upside is that your contract guarantees you a price-lock for the duration of that term. The downside is that after this period is over, your provider has the ability to increase prices afterward.
- Limited Availability – Sonic is a hyperlocal provider that is only available in select regions within the state of California.
If you live in an area with Sonic internet, there are 3 fiber internet plans to choose from. Sonic simplifies their packages to minimize confusion and provide customers easier options. Depending on your internet usage, each plan has a recommended number of devices to help you select a plan. Compare current Sonic packages below to see if one works for you.
|Sonic Plans||Down. Speeds||Price/mo.*||Device Count|
|Fusion 50||50 Mbps||$29.99/mo.||1-4|
|Fusion 100||100 Mbps||$49.99/mo.||5-9|
|Fusion Gigabit||1 Gbps||$69.99/mo.||10+|
*Prices reflect starting rates. Pricing and plans vary by location, do not include additional fees, and are subject to change at the discretion of the providers.
*Data sourced 9/23/20
In addition to industry-low pricing and fast speeds, Sonic offers a handful of bonus features to win customers over. Below we list the best perks Sonic includes in their internet plans to help you select the right plan for you.
- Unlimited Data – Sonic offers internet plans with unlimited data, so customers can enjoy their subscription without worrying about speed throttling or sudden disconnects.
- Eero WiFi Extenders – Say goodbye to dead spots and latency issues. With a Sonic subscription, you have the option to add-on Eero WiFi Extenders for a small monthly fee to help extend your home coverage.
- Free Installations – Unlike competitors who charge upwards of $99, Sonic is able to offer free same-day installations for new customers. No last-minute fees or service delays.
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee – Sonic promises a full refund on all services canceled within the first 30 days of a subscription. Please note that all rental equipment must be returned prior to the 30-day mark to be eligible for your money back.
- Bundle Discounts – You can bundle Sonic fiber internet and phone services to receive even lower rates. Enjoy lower rates and the convenience of one bill payment when you bundle.
When plans start to blend together, it helps to have things laid in front of you. That’s why we took care of researching Sonic and its top competitors to give you a side-by-side analysis of their best plans and features. Check out what sets Sonic apart from other providers below.
|Provider||Max Speeds*||Data Caps||Contracts|
*Prices and plans vary by location, do not include additional fees, and are subject to change at the discretion of the providers.
*Data sourced 9/23/20
Thanks to its 100% fiber-optic network, Sonic is an excellent choice for any household that needs an internet connection. However, with speeds up to 1 Gbps, it’s especially useful for:
- Professionals Working From Home – Remote work is only made possible with a reliable internet connection. Sonic has optimal speeds that can support large file uploads, frequent video conference streams, and fast updates.
- Gamers – When you get into online gaming, you need speeds that offer reliable connectivity and bandwidth to support large file downloads. Sonic 500 Mbps and Gigabit Internet provide ultra-fast speeds with unlimited data and no throttling or service interruptions. Super important for high-profile games.
- Netflix Bingers – If you settle down each night with a good Netflix binge, you’ll want Sonic fiber internet to support your streaming habits. Sonic internet plans are all equipped to handle large file downloads, so you can say goodbye to buffering screens and hello to movie nights.
Sonic internet is a great provider overall, but it may not be for everyone. To learn more about current providers available near you, enter your zip code below to view all of your options.
Enter your zipcode to see providers near you
Paula began her career in the telecom space, writing on all things tech for 3+ years. With a degree in Advertising from The University of Texas at Austin, Paula’s passion for connecting with consumers is unparalleled. Beyond that, Paula is considered a Jane-of-all-trades who loves DIY projects, attempts to cook Thai food, and photographs brands in her spare time.